Sunday, September 26, 2010

Where to go in Santiago

Hi everyone! To start the post, I have to tell you is that I didn’t born in Santiago, actually this is my third year living in the city, I move here because of the University, I have the opportunity to emigrate from my home town and access more possibilities of education.
Since I´m living here I have visit many interesting places, so I think that with my little experience I can tell to the people who is visiting the city for the first time some places they must visit. One of them is the Santa Lucias´s hill, the importance of this hill is that was the place where Santiago was founding, also has the particularity of been an island hill, that means that is separated from the mountain range and is situated in the middle of the city, so from it you can see all the city. The second place that I thing that you can´t forget to visit is “La Moneda”, this is the government house where the president works, this national monument was bombarded in the beginning of the dictatorship in 1973. Also I think that a tourist must to go to is the Bellas Artes Museum, in here are reunited all the works of art of the country since the colony to our days, this place is situated inside the Forestal Park, that is a park where is the neuralgic point of the cultural life in Santiago, so this is another interesting place to see, maybe a tourist would enjoy a long walk in this area and after a nice coffee or ice cream in the rounded bars. Finally you can´t miss to visit the Central Market where are all the sea food that you can think, is a very typical place in Santiago and has a lot of history and is a place full of local color.       

1 comment:

  1. hi Pau!.
    So, where were you born?

    Although you not born in Santiago, I think that you know more than me it.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete