Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Children at risk because of pressure on social workers, research finds

The post of today consists in choosing a news related to my career… The thing is, that I couldn’t found a news on internet that touched a specific topic in psychology, that be related of what psychologist do in the different areas of this discipline. But I could found a theme that I think is very important too, and has to do with mental health of people who work with vulnerable children, in this case: Social Workers. The news is based on an investigation, and informs us about the conditions that Social Workers do their jobs and the environment that these persons are dealing in a difficult context to require them to make decisions about the protection of the children. Here I give you a summary of the news, but if you are interested you can also go to the link that is above this post.
A recent study of the British Association of Social Workers survey of 1.390 social workers and found that 70 % of these people doesn’t feel able to protect a child because of the pressure that this job causes. Almost 95% admit to take decisions about the safety of the child with insufficient information, increasing the danger of abuse and neglect in the children who depends of them.

1 comment:

  1. That subject more interesting, I think I will read the news.
    For me is very important to think about the health of those working with people.

    ReplyDelete